Published August 17, 2019
On August 2, 2019, six bombs exploded across Bangkok as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo attended the ASEAN region security summit. Four people were injured and two arrests were quickly made by the Royal Thai Police (RTP).
22 ILEA Alumni responded to and participated in the post blast investigation of the bombing in Bangkok. Several additional devices were located and deactivated by the RTP. The ILEA courses attended by responders were:
• Post Blast Investigations Course
• Advance Post Blast Investigations Course
• Suicide Bomber Workshop
• Police Leader's Role in Combating Terrorism Course
• Law Enforcement Leadership Development Course
• Crime Scene Investigations Course
• Arson Investigations Course
One of the six bombs exploded at Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road, Bangkok.